Ever been enjoying a meal in a restaurant only to nip to the loo and discover grubby toilets? We’ll bet you didn’t stick around for dessert! When it comes to toilets, appearance is everything, their upkeep reflects on your business and it’s essential they don’t let you down.
Here at M&P Cubicles and Hardware supplies, we see daily just how crucial respectable toilet facilities are to the success of a business. And don’t think just because your doors are closed to the public you can get away with it. Quality toilets also have a direct impact on the morale and contentment of staff too – so if you want to retain employees, giving them a comfortable and clean environment is key.
Maintaining your toilets is easy and helps to prolong their lifespan. The best way to stay on top of things is to make sure a regular monitoring and cleaning schedule is in place. This not only keeps them safe and hygienic to use but also means any potential problems are spotted early and can be dealt with swiftly – such as replacing a broken tap or damaged hinge.
Sometimes though a full overhaul is required, but how do you know when it’s the right time to take action? Here are 5 tell-tale signs your toilets are ready for replacing:
1. Damage – how often do you have to put an ‘out of order’ sign up? If you’re regularly relying on quick fixes and outlaying money on temporary repairs, then the time has come for a proper replacement. Changing a lock that keeps sticking, or replacing a dodgy handle, is great for keeping on top of maintenance and prolonging life. But there comes a point where you have to draw a line and realise you’re going to spend more time and money on repairing than you would on a full replacement.
2. Panel problems – if your cubicle doors have started to spilt, peel or warp, it’s a sign that they are failing. This is often caused by water seeping behind the top layer. Not only does this look poor, it also affects the strength of the door which may eventually break. To prevent this from happening again try compact grade laminate which is ideal for areas with high moisture levels.
3. Dated – first impressions are everything and you want a bathroom that reflects positively on your company. Dated fixtures and fittings pose a number of problems, not least that if something needs replacing it’s unlikely you’ll be able to get an exact match. Crucially though, you want to look professional and modern cubicles, combined with high quality stainless steel or robust aluminium fittings, can help you to achieve this.
4. More people – is business booming? If your company is growing then it’s likely your workforce is too, which places increased demand on your toilets. It’s important to have adequate facilities on offer, which can mean needing to replace or extend your existing cubicles. Keep in mind your water supply and drains here, as you don’t want to sacrifice water pressure or overload the system – seeking the advice of a qualified plumber is always advisable.
5. Drainage issues – smelly drains? Problems with water draining away? Then it’s a good idea to get a professional to take a look. It’s likely though – to eradicate the problem fully – you will need work carrying out. Making this the ideal opportunity to revamp your toilets at the same time.
If any of this sounds familiar to you then now is the time to upgrade your toilets. And we’re here to help! At M&P Cubicles and Hardware, we offer a full range of toilet cubicles to suit all styles and budgets from our cost-effective basic range right through to our premier cubicles with superior profiled, polished edges and high-quality stainless steel fittings. Take a look at our collection now or if you’d like to talk to a member of the team you can call us on 0151 345 0699, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online enquiry form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.